Saturday, March 3, 2012

Swans a Swimming

I am watching the swans in the pond by our house. It is fun to watch them glide by and occasionally go bottoms up to catch food. I also like to watch the ducks and geese in much the same way. I feel absolutely no compulsion to find our more about the wildlife; I simply enjoy that they are there. Since moving here, I have realized I am more of an observer in life than a researcher. While many folks enjoy people watching, they also often wonder about their lives. I really don't. I don't wonder about the swans or the people I pass by or who may be in the car next to me. They are just co-existing with me, like the swans. Maybe if we all just co-existed more often instead of being in everyone's business, we could more easily glide through life. Then again, it's really fun to read that People Magazine periodically.

3 comments:

  1. Huh...I never thought of it that way. I think for me it depends on the situation. I do often make up little stories in my head about people I watch. I do know that I'm glad you have the pond, because I know you enjoy watching it.
    By the way--welcome to slicing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and swans haven't really gotten along! :) I'm the type of person who will pull up to a stoplight, look over to my left and wonder if that person is happy. I have done this for as long as I can remember.

    I'm glad you are happy with your new home and coexisting with the nature around you...just don't get too close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like to watch and think about people, but out of sight is out of mind.
    So are you saying you do dig into someone's life with People? Me, it's Entertainment Tonight, that's how I get my fix for noticing others life. Oh, yeah and slice of life is good for noticing too.

    ReplyDelete