Friday, March 23, 2012

ice is nice

I love ice cubes.  They crunch and cool you down.  The square ones out of the bag are the best.  They are mostly such proud individuals, with the occasional social group solidified together.  They make my drinks happy and my teeth eager...to crush and pulverize.  It's worth the risk of that one little piece that seems to sit on a tooth a little too long and ZING it touches that nerve.  So, you wait a minute or two and tap that cup again.  A new, slightly melted, slippery soft cube rushes in and you start all over.  I love ice.  

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like poetry to me. I will need to do a slice on something I like and have rhyme in the title--like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made ice seem desirable. I am not a cruncher, but I do love the job it does to keep my drinks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking during dinner tonight about how much I love ice! Your writing echo my thoughts exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird. I also love love love crunching ice and had seriously thought about writing a post about it, yet decided against it. Then I read this! You really said it all! Thanks. ( I prefer the small, almost crushed round ice that you get at some fast food places.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm giggling because I have another friend who always want a big glass of crushed ice (from our freezer thingy) when she's here. I'll have to "make" you one when you are over next. :)

    ReplyDelete