Thursday, March 29, 2012

keys

I lost my school keys last week.  I went from thinking it was no big deal the first day to depressed resignation at this point.  I have yet to make the leap to the office and admit defeat, but it may happen soon.  Ironically, we are writing lost and found stories in our classroom this week.  The kids have used story wheels to organize their stories.   For some reason, I have called them maps instead of wheels.  Today, I shared with them that lost my keys.  I was starting to tell them all the places I had look, when a little boy (Omar) said, "I think you need to make a map.  Then you'll find it!"  I love that children reduce life to simple terms.  I'm half tempted to give it a try...

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, that boy is a genius! (ha--I do remember his comment during math!).
    You know...a map may be just the thing!

    ReplyDelete