Wednesday, March 21, 2012

fire me up!

We had a bonfire at our house this evening, in the 84 degree heat.  I loved it!  We just moved here in September and have many old bushes and stumps we are slowing burning over time.  I love almost everything about a fire. The smell, the company of my husband while we tend the fire.  I love the 'smores we make with the kids as well as the occasional hot dog.  I feel alive being outside with the other living creatures and searching for more things to burn, little twigs, a pinecone or two.   The flames are mesmerizing.  It's sort of a challenge as well to keep the flames going, yet add more leaves and stumps at the same time.  I was sad to come in for dinner, but happy to know there will be many more in our furture here. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I think flames are mesmerizing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of the bonfires to clear brush and stuff from the woods when I was a kid. My kids sometimes get to help at my parents' house now, and they come home tired, smokey-smelly, sticky and completely happy.

    ReplyDelete